- Health Insurance
Highlands Community Services (HCS) offers comprehensive health care plans through The Local Choice which includes Anthem, Delta Dental and Blue View Vision. These benefits are effective the first day of the month following two months of employment.
Eligible employees are entitled to participate in the HCS retirement plan. HCS contributes an amount equal to 9% of the employee’s annual wages to a 403(b) account after six months of employment. The employee may contribute to the plan beginning day one, if desired.
- Life Insurance
HCS provides a term life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance policy equal to one times the employee’s annual base salary up to $100k. Employees may choose to purchase additional life and AD&D insurance coverage. Eligible employees can obtain this benefit on the first day of the month following six months of employment.
- Short-Term Disability
HCS pays the monthly premiums for a short-term disability policy after six months of employment. This benefit provides eligible employees with 50% of their salary on a weekly basis. Employees have the option of purchasing additional short-term disability.
- Voluntary Benefit Offerings
Full-time employees are eligible for the following voluntary insurance benefits: cancer, accident, personal recovery, intensive care and long-term disability.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
HCS has a generous paid time off (PTO) program. Time is accrued every pay period (beginning day one) at a designated rate based on employment status. PTO covers all time off including planned vacations, holidays, sick days, etc.
HCS observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Third Monday of each January
- Presidents Day – Third Monday in February
- Memorial Day – Last Monday in May
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – 1st Monday in September
- Veterans Day – November 11
- Thanksgiving Day – 4th Thursday in November
- Day After Thanksgiving – 4th Friday in November
- Christmas Eve – December 24
- Christmas Day – December 25
HCS reserves the right to delay opening facilities and/or close facilities due to inclement weather.